Water Leak on Mt vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy

Nov 5, 2011
eastern va
Had a Quadrafire Mt Vernon Ae insert installed 1 week ago,last night during rainstorm I noticed a little dampness on the hearth so I removed the side plate and looked in with a flashlight and water was dripping down on top of the stove,I know this is not good with all the electronics in there.Any suggestions on what to check.

I would start where ever it is vented at (exhaust / OAK if have one). If it is vented up thru a chimmney, check at top of chimmney for sealeness & how is the structure of your chimmney (cracks/ holes). Are you running a chimmney liner clear to top of chimmney or just vented right into chimmney from unit. Maybe if not running a liner, it might be dripping down thru top of chimmney.

If you had it installed, contact whoever installed it. Maybe they gave you a bad install.

Yeah,paid to have it installed but havent gotten a response back yet, I think it had to come from around the cap as the oak goes straight out the back and I could shine the light up and definitely see it coming from up high. I thought about climbing up there myself , but if anything goes wrong with the unit I want them to make good on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.