Water stove manufacture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepdog28609

May 8, 2014
north carolina
I have in my possession a water stove with the only identifing place on it is the door. It states SUN-WOOD WATER STOVE. I have researched online and can find nothing referencing this brand. I measures almost 6 foot tall 4 feet wide and 6 feet long and hold approx 500 gallons of water. It functions very well, along with my solar panels,and provides hot water and heat for my house. I am also looking at a used SUN-WOOD dual fuel wood stove for another of my houses.Can anyone provide me with info on these stoves and approx values? I am aware I can get pumps and etc from other places. I would just like some background on these stoves.
Thank you for your assistance.

I never heard of them - in my 35+ years in the business. Chances are they were a local or garage org...many of them sprung up in NC in an attempt to get some of the business of one of the bigger brands down there (Taylor Water stoves).

Parts are usually not specific to brands of OWB's (outdoor wood boilers) - that is, you can use pumps and control which are generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.