Waterfurnace 5 Series Geothermal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerry_NJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 19, 2008
New Jersey USA
I'm on my second Waterfurnace Geothetmal, a Series 5, 2 speed with super-deheater for hot water. I have a single 80 gallon electric water heater. I replaced. 20+ year old Waterfurnace with the Series 5 in November 2014. So working on over 25 years experience with Waterfurnace brand Geothermal.

As I didn't find anything current here on the subject I post to see if anyone else interested in sharing experience.

Yes, I have experience with wood and coal stoves and inserts, but Geothermal is my primary source of heat and hot water.

Also post to reestablish my membership on this forum.

Hey Jerry. Glad to hear the second unit is working well for you!

Did not know anything about any of this and I watched video's and gosh there is a lot of diggiing...How much do you think that you save on the heating bill maybe some kind of a ball park estimate..They are very expensive but quality stuff and they last a long time as well but expensive to keep up when something goes wrong with them.. Interesting--thanks..clancey

Hey Jerry - I've had my Waterfurnace furnace ( 5 series / Envision ) for 10 years to the day almost. Had my first problem ( a 50 cent capacitor went bad ) a few weeks ago and Waterfurnace covered it under warranty. I was both impressed, and surprised. Tech installed the soft start kit while he was out here so now the lights don't dim when the furnace starts. Love the A/C, the heat could be a little warmer but I knew that going into it. No regrets, one of the better decisions I've made.

Reactions: begreen