Webinars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drewmo

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2006
Topsham, ME
A non-profit I'm involved with holds an annual day-long conference that's looking like it'll be cancelled. It typically has a keynote address followed by a couple tracks of three presentations each. Some presentations are just a single person working off some slides, while others might have a panel of up to three people. We're looking to modify these presentations into webinars and offer one a week over a couple of months. Can anyone recommend a service that has worked well for you in hosting webinars. We're currently using Zoom for meetings and know this allows for webinars as well. Just doing our due diligence to make sure. We'd like to be able to record and archive these webinars, as well as allow for attendees to download whatever material the presenter uses during the talk.

At work, we've used a variety of different virtual presentation systems over the years. Zoom has worked the best for us. I know they've had some problems lately with scaling but they've handled it well given the circumstances. I like their intuitive interface also better than most I've used.

I've just started learning Zoom today. Got the basics working, but I didn't do well with the administration. Guess I need to read the manual.

Zoom has been working in my world: I see clients for weekly therapy, provide supervision to trainees, and attend weekly faculty meetings. If there is a better option, I'm open to it, but do not know what it is.

Wife's been using Zoom to teach classes and hold staff and faculty meetings, easy to set up and has been great so far.