Welded Contacts On L8148A Aquastat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I thought I'd put this out there in case it happens to someone else. Let me also say that I don't have any experience with troubleshooting aquastats.

While working on the oil boiler's controls, I stupidly allowed a short to happen in an electrical box. After that, the circulating pump would turn on when the power was turned on to the boiler and wouldn't turn off. I figured, what the heck, now I have to replace the aquastat, a Honeywell L8148A-that'll be fun. I started poking around the contacts, which there are two sets-one for the burner and one for the pump. I noticed they didn't seem to be the same, so I poked my little screwdriver in on the pumps contacts, and presto!, the contacts broke free. Apparently they were weakly spot welded shut. All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.