Welenco stove, 2" Pellet Stove Vent, but 3" pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unholyfire

Sep 21, 2015
US
I have an older (un-used) pellet stove that I would like to install. I have been shopping for all of the vent pipe to get it installed, then realized the vent outlet on the back of the stove is 2", and all of the adapters online are 3" at the smallest. Is there a way that I can safely adapt this 2" vent outlet to meet the 3" standard? I cannot seem to find an adapter from 2" to 3" anywhere.

Tell use what stove you have so we may help. 2 inch seems to be a fresh air inlet of some stoves but I have never seen or heard of a 2 inch outlet. An auto parts store may have a adapter or two to get you close. I just made an adapter to get my Jeep in working order.

gcCGcWw.jpg

WIV8yDd.jpg

. The name you referred to is a company that certifies stoves much like Underwriter Laboratories. Welenco is the manufacture. The plate calls for the use of 2 inch flex and then go to Duravent venting.
I would be highly suspicious of this stove as it would have been probably produced before better safety standards were set for pellet stoves. I am going to try and change thread title to reflect the stove manufacture and see if the collective minds of the site know more about this interesting stove.

Thank you for your input. I did test it out in the open (Backyard) for about an hour before considering to install it. Works like a charm. So really hoping to find a safe solution for install.

Shoot a picture of the front and burn chamber if you can as who knows if the manufacture put another name on it.

Looks to be wood. Look at the distances for install on the manufacture plate.

Reactions: Cranky Yankee
I did a google search for Walenco pellet stoves and came up with a posting on venting from this forum from 2008

Pellet stove technology has changed a lot since 1987 when these stoves were manufactured. I would not install this pellet stove because of safety concerns (wood cabinet). The company that used to manufacture these stoves is still in business but no longer manufactures them; they carry Harman and Regency pellet stoves.

Reactions: Papelletman
I would not install this stove!!

Status
Not open for further replies.