Well, Bought the used SuperSplit today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Went to check it out and ran a few of my toughest pieces through it. Crotch of black walnut that I couldn't crack by hand, took three shots but did go through it. I'm impressed. Picked her up for $975. Has a ~3 yeard old B&S Intek 5.5HP engine on it. Seems to have been maintained well. This is an older model where the rail is only 18" off the ground so its not so hard to get the larger pieces on it. I'll need to fabricate a table for it so I'm not consistently picking up both halves of the splits to re-split. I've got pics posted here.

Now I just need to put it through its paces with my large pile of maple waiting in the driveway...

Eric

Attachments

• IMG_1365_1.jpg
    IMG_1365_1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1371_1.jpg
    IMG_1371_1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 379
One more pic...

Thanks everyone for the advice. He even had the original manual with it...

Attachments

• IMG_1367_1.jpg
    IMG_1367_1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 398
congrats eric! nothing like a new tool(toy).
i watched the video of it on their website and was impressed.
enjoy!

Great deal!!! You won't regret it.....

I think you may be able to raise it up if you like, which will help save your back (it does for me anyway). On mine, the axle is connected to the frame of the unit by 1 1/2 or 2" threaded pipe, so it should be pretty easy to raise it up to whatever height you like.

Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.