Well my problem with my harman coal stoker is FIXED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lime4x4

Nov 18, 2005
Northeast Pa
-5 last night woke up this morning to a house that was 80 degrees. Burnt 40 lbs of rice coal in a 12 hour period.

i felt it was a feed problem. The tech bench tested the feed motor and found it was defective..It was getting hot then shutting off.

lime4x4 said:
-5 last night woke up this morning to a house that was 80 degrees. Burnt 40 lbs of rice coal in a 12 hour period.

Excellent. I had been wondering if you were ever going to see a resolution to this problem. You must be one happy camper. But 80 degrees, whew. I'm down to a tee shirt when the house hits 70.

yeah that's a little warm for me as well..Are rottie just had 7 puppies so wife said the house has to be a little warmer so the puppies don't catch a draft

Cmon, those pups would be fine at 50 degrees. Ah well, anything to keep the missus happy....

lime4x4 said:

I was just wondering today if you ever got that fixed, glad to hear you did.
So about 80lbs a day for the cold weather, that would be 9 bucks a day for me. Less than 1/2 of what oil cost.
Is it doing the whole house now? Maybe you can move it back to the basement now.

For me that's just under 5 bucks a day.. Currently getting rice coal for 120 a ton.. Wife says the stove stays on the first floor..She likes coming in from the outside and standing in front of the stove to get warm quickly.
Your right about the pups doing fine at 50 degrees but i'm not about to disagree with the misses...lol And yes the stove is heating the whole house. It's my only source of heat

Status
Not open for further replies.