What’s the control on the right? (see photo)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RWDavis

May 30, 2023
Northern California
I believe this stove is a Country model S210 t-top made around 1990. The manual I found online shows the draft control knob on the left (marked A) but does not show a knob on the right (marked B). Can anyone help me understand the purpose and operation of the knob on the right (B)? Obviously I know next to nothing about wood stoves . . .

Country.jpg

I'm not sure what the right side control is for. Given the age this may be a C-40. Is there a UL label on the back?

Maybe a closer picture of those knobs would help.

Yes, the C40 is an oldie and predecessor to the S-260 I think. The S-260 just has the primary air control on the left.

Just a guess, but it could either be a left and right side air supply, or it might be seconday air control, or it might be for the airwash on the door glass. Maybe try and call Country at (253) 735-1100.