What company's safety tested stoves in the late 80's early 90's?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytugs1

i'm trying another route to find the info for my timberline stove. does anyone know what company's if any that safety tested the stoves before the mfg's were able to market them. once again i have a Timberline wood stove that i'm trying to install and need the owners manual for it . if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated.
john
jackson, n.j.

Attachments

• FRONT.jpg
    FRONT.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 513
JohnnyTugs1 said:
i'm trying another route to find the info for my timberline stove. does anyone know what company's if any that safety tested the stoves before the mfg's were able to market them. once again i have a Timberline wood stove that i'm trying to install and need the owners manual for it . if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated.
john
jackson, n.j.

Mr. Tugs, that stove was made around 1979-81

Could very well have been before stoves were tested. In fact, I would guess so because the spring handles....got too hot to pass most testing, so they went to wood or removable handles.

It could be very difficult to find a manual, and if you find one it will probably not be of much help since knowledge was very limited at that time.

thanks craig, these handles are removable by the way. i'm just trying anyway i can to get some info.
thanks for replying.
john

Status
Not open for further replies.