What do you recommend for insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.E S4

Nov 28, 2012
I have 2 Harman pellet stoves a P35i and P43. Just sold the house and the P35i was part of the deal for the new owner.

I'm looking for a new insert but want to get a recommendation other than a Harman to save a few $$$.

I'm looking to buy used.

I started with a used Whitfield Profile 30 insert, which worked OK for me for 3 seasons. Last fall I picked up a 7 year old Accentra insert. The upgrade cost me $800, but I think it was well worth it. Heat output is probably comparable, but the maintenance on the Accentra is a fraction of what my Whit was. Overall build quality is no comparison, I figure the Harman will last me a lifetime, whereas the Whit was only a few years away from needing some expensive repairs. And from a purely aesthetic point of view I went from a piece of steel to a piece of art, IMHO.

Reactions: N.E S4
Quad CB1200i?

Reactions: N.E S4
Status
Not open for further replies.