What gasket material between woodburner and boot adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

doublejz

Jan 8, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
I finally got around to getting a boot adapter for an old Squire and ready to put it in the fireplace. However, what kind of gasket should I be using between the wood burner and the boot adapter? It appears that rope gasket material will be too thick. I did find some ceramic fiber blankets about 1/2 thick that have a max temp rating of 2300* F.

I also thought about just slapping on a bunch of furnace cement and tightening the boot adapter down. I mean once its pulled down tight with the clamps it shouldn't move any to crack/break the cement.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

20190108_134825_zpszkjf9apd.jpg 20190108_134821_zpsrmwetdr4.jpg 20190108_134817_zpskea2ev6w.jpg

Last edited: