what gives?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
drove home from work with my window down. Felt like close to 60.

We're in a strong cold wave here. Enjoy the warmth. Cold weather will be returning soon enough.

drove home from work with my window down. Felt like close to 60.

Know what you mean, it was 70 here in East Tennessee today. Just last week, their were a few days the high reached only in the low 30's.

Must be that, what is it? Global warming. ;lol

It felt pretty good, thought for a second I might get an iced coffee and sit out on the deck.

Thanks dirty coal plants!

Its been a weird fall. November was almost as cold as Jan and I used more wood by Turkey day than I typically do by Xmas.
And now like you say it feels like April out there.
Starting next week looks like December comes back.

up and down up and down .. seems like the theme the last couple years.

I haven't had a fire in four days. Last week it was 23

Talked to my sis in North Texas. Couple of days ago it was 80. Tonight it will be 9 and the place is covered in sleet and snow.

Reactions: flyingcow
Tonight's low is going to be 15. Here's my plan: I'll burn both stoves till 10pm, then let one go cold til I go to bed at 12:30/1 and then preload it. I'll get up at 6am, light the pre-loaded stove and go back to bed til 7:30.

Be careful with the preloaded stove. Some times remaining coals can ignite when it is unexpected. You don't want a load taking off at 3am with the air wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.