What harman stove is this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
What model stove is this and can people give me any Insite on it. I have a old 2300 sqft farm house. Will this stove heat it well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,460
Can we get dimensions? It looks like a mark series or an sf250. Duel fuel coal/wood stoves.

My dad has heated his old house [built in the 1860s) with a sf250 for many years. I can't see does it have a fan with heat exchanger tubes? I think those were specific to the sf250

There's no tubes which is what had me confused. I can get dimensions tomorrow. I think it was something like 14.5x 22.5 or something like that

Its a mark series would be my guess. I don't have any experience with them. Just the sf 250

Try asking over on the nepacrossroads forum. They may recognize it. And sent a picture to Harman too.

I appreciate the help. I've emailed harman. Just awaiting a reply. Just strange I've never seem a sf250 with out tubes. Hope she heats well. I've decided to install this instead of my big old Kodiak stove.

I know the one my dad has in his old house heats like crazy! Good burn times with wood, as he used it with wood for approx. 20 years before he started burning coal in it. The tubes seem to be an option as listed on the web site.

How big is his house. I'm just worried that being a smaller stove for wood that it won't burn wood that well or long.. Am I wrong on these thoughts?

My parents house is the same size approx. It really depends on the layout of the house and the stove placement.

Should I be able to get overnight burns with this stove. I'm burning black walnut and loading it around 10-11 n it is usually a useless bit of coals left by 630.... Should I b getting better burn times? Am I doing something wrong? I am a noob to this. So please bare with me

Should I be able to get overnight burns with this stove. I'm burning black walnut and loading it around 10-11 n it is usually a useless bit of coals left by 630.... Should I b getting better burn times? Am I doing something wrong? I am a noob to this. So please bare with me

I am new to wood stoves, too. To answer your question about burn times--- this website: http://woodheat.org/ was a tremendous help to me. I learned how to place the wood in the stove correctly for an all night burn. I was building my fires like I would in an open fireplace, which was incorrect to get long burn times. Wood stove fires are completely different ways of maintaining a fire. The best way to learn these old stoves is through trial and error and learning just the right spot for your air flow controls. You will get the hang of it, just keep "practicing"

Reactions: J.denius
I am new to wood stoves, too. To answer your question about burn times--- this website: http://woodheat.org/ was a tremendous help to me. I learned how to place the wood in the stove correctly for an all night burn. I was building my fires like I would in an open fireplace, which was incorrect to get long burn times. Wood stove fires are completely different ways of maintaining a fire. The best way to learn these old stoves is through trial and error and learning just the right spot for your air flow controls. You will get the hang of it, just keep "practicing"

Thanks. Read some of it. Lots of info.. Where in central pa are u? I'm just outside of Harrisburg

Status
Not open for further replies.