What is the best alternative for real wood to burn in a fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenn Dave

Minister of Fire
I have a medium sized, red brick masonry fireplace in a vacation home that I would like to use for visual effect on cool summer/fall nights, not necessarily heat. The problem is I have no place to store firewood. I'm looking for an alternative such as duraflame logs, bioblocks or pellet cages, etc. My hope is to get the longest burning fire and not cause any damage to my fireplace. Any ideas on what might be my best alternative? Thanks

Duraflame with the colors and crackle

They have various types and sizes 2-4 hours....you could use 2 smaller ones or 1 premium...

Np, check out their website... I never new they had premium, looks like a nice fire...

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Status
Not open for further replies.