what is the best liner for wood stove insert...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
and where is a reasonable place to buy the cheapest i get around here is 550-600 from stores
i don't need to insulate because the flue is fine and inside the house

well there are a bunch of diffrent liners out there we sell liners starting at 399 and going up to 700 without insulation there is diffrence between the two i can stand on the 700 dollar one and i am around 195lbs it is really a life of the liner and if you can damage the liner when it is being put in that is the major diffrences the 399 liner will last a long time if it is taken care of 10-15 years the 700 dollar one will last 20 plus i guess the real answear is you get what you pay for. like anything

Just for the heck of it I just went out and stood my 172 pounds on top of a two foot long piece of one of my .005 single ply liners. It didn't crush. I now feel better about it in case somebody stands sideways on the liners inside my chimneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.