What is the cost of adding an Ignitor to an older AustroFlamm Intergra?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• AustroFlammIntegraIgnitorOption.jpg
    AustroFlammIntegraIgnitorOption.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 274
I had an older Integra until a few years ago. Really miss the reliability and the whisper-quiet operation. When I bought it I asked about the auto-igniter, and was told by the dealer at that time (15 years ago) that Austroflamm's ignitors tended to burn out fairly often. Of course they're probably lots more reliable now, but I always started the stove in less than one minute by this method:
  1. Throw a handful of pellets in the burn pot
  2. Switch the stove on for a count of three, (until you see pellets drop) then switch it off
  3. Hit the pellets with the self-igniting blowtorch until they're going well (about 15 seconds)
  4. Close the door ...s l o w l y... so you don't snuff the fire, make sure the pellets are going well
  5. Turn the stove on.
This is cheap and quick, and you never have to mess with that expensive gel starter stuff.
Hope that helps...

...... and you never have to mess with that expensive gel starter stuff......

Hand sanitizer from the dollar store.....mix a handful of pellets in old coffee can with 3-4 squirts of HS....dump in pot, light, close door, go do something else.

I mix paraffin wax and sawdust in paper egg carton cups, put one in the burn pot and light it with a self igniting torch, then I start the stove. I use the same method in my wood stove, only I don't have to start any mechanicals.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.