what is this - Stove ID help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.

Attachments

• Dec22_0001.jpg
    Dec22_0001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Dec22_0002.jpg
    Dec22_0002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 382
  • Dec22_0003.jpg
    Dec22_0003.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 385
  • Dec22_0004.jpg
    Dec22_0004.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 375
Wings - I modified your thread title & moved it to the Hearth Room...all in the hope that some meaningful responses will show up. Rick

fossil said:
Wings - I modified your thread title & moved it to the Hearth Room...all in the hope that some meaningful responses will show up. Rick
I appreciat that.Thanks.

any one? is this a fisher grammpa. also it has 2 blower motors on the back.

If it was a Fisher I would expect that to be plainly apparent. They weren't shy about announcing their stoves usually. Is that a thermostatic damper on the side?

One of my wood customers has one like it. It takes 26"+ wood and I think if I remember correctly it says frontiersman on the front. I could be wrong its been a year or better since I was at his place.

BeGreen said:
If it was a Fisher I would expect that to be plainly apparent. They weren't shy about announcing their stoves usually. Is that a thermostatic damper on the side?

Yes it is a thermosatic damper. It has no name on it anywhere.I know the fishers usually have the name cast right into the front of the stove.It looks exactly like a fisher tho. Do the real fishers have blowers on them?

it looks just like the grampa in this add but it has holes for heat to blow out of.

Attachments

• fisheradvertisementinside.jpg
    fisheradvertisementinside.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 284
I think the upper part of the step top is too big for a fisher (at least to be the Grandma). Man that sucker looks built. Are those doors really 1/2" thick as it appears?

How is it designed inside? Is there a baffle?

Jags said:
I think the upper part of the step top is too big for a fisher (at least to be the Grandma). Man that sucker looks built. Are those doors really 1/2" thick as it appears?

Yes this thing is built like a brick $#%^^t house. The doors measure 3/8 inch thick and as far as I can tell the rest of it is just as thick. There is no baffle that I can see. The inside is designed just like the illistrated one in the add above. I think I am going to list it on craigs list. Is anyone interested? I am in Jackson ,Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.