What is your oldest, yet relied upon piece of equipment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatbedford said:
Here's my good old bar.
DSC05855.jpg

YOU STOLE MY PHAQIN" BAR!!!!!!!! :bug:
Were you anywhere near Mt.Union ,PA on Aug. 22?????

Flatbedford said:
Here's my good old bar.

Hey I got a bar just like that. It leans in the corner of the shop right now.

Yeah, I found it in PA a while ago. I'll bet who ever lost that is mad.

1981 Toyota 4WD pickup, no air, no PW, and no power steering. Uses gas and oil in almost equal amounts, needs a carb, exhaust, and who knows what - but I drive it 40 miles every day, and take it across the state for work (600+ miles round trip) at least once a month. Gets me a lot of places I really shouldn't be. Also getting a 194? Minneapolis Moline UTS that will be used to cut and bale hay next year.

Oh boy.... Well, first is our house..... It dates to the 20's or so........ Then comes the 1850 Diesel Oliver (our big farm tractor at 100hp), figure that was made in the late 60's early 70's.... Then the Ford 4000 with loader, about a 76....... The JD 90 Skid steer falls about the same age........ Two JD snowmobiles, 77 & 78 (77 needs a track and engine rebuild....).... My 84 Mercedes-Benz 300SD Diesel car that I drive all summer.... (stored in Winter.... It's a Tennessee car and I'm keeping her clean....)

Oh, and I'm rebuilding/modernizing a 1947 Chevrolet 1.5 ton truck........ That's my long term project to work on this winter in my wood-heated shop. :D

Can you tell I like old stuff?

Deere- 1850? That's a new tractor! We've been shopping for a reasonable tractor, and I can't believe how much they go for, I just missed out on an Int'l 1066 that went dirt cheap at auction last month but that Moline should work fine for now; good luck with all your projects, sounds familiar...

Mine has to be a 1972 International Cub Lo-Boy. Bought it to mow my 3.5 Acres. Build snow plow for it, pulled stumps, bushes, the kids, idiots who go in my ditch in the winter. Love that old tractor. The woods deck discharges out the sides and back so no wind rows. You can cut a hay field and it just disperses the grass nice and smooth. The neighbor with the brand new 3500 Cub Cadet get so pissed about that cause his it a wind row machine and he hates raking.

My '81 GMC 1-ton, almost a daily driver! Great for my masonry biz and helping friends move!

Attachments

• My old truck.jpg
    My old truck.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 228
Probably our wheelbarrow got it back it '74 at a construction supply outfit and we use it all the time.

pybyr said:
Winchester 1897 12 Gauge pump shotgun, made (going by the serial number) in 1941. I bought it for $90 years back with almost all of the finish worn off of both metal and wood. I cleaned and refinished it- enough that it looks agreeable- but not so fancy you have to ever think about using it.

Thats wild Prybar! I have one too! Mine is the short barrel one. But I shoot several starlings and the occasional coon with it every year.

My most used piece is a 1964 farmall cub. It does most everything around the house here. From cutting my seven acres in the summer pushing snow in the winter. Hauling firewood disked and graded my front and back yard too. I have a cub sawer direct drive buzzsaw for it but haven't tryied it out yet.

Hey Thrash. Do you ever get to Farmallcub.com ? Everything you want to know about cubs is there. There is a link to all the manuals online there too. We have several farmall cub only tractor shows a year too. But they are not the normal tractor show. While some do bring theirs to show A lot of people bring theirs to work on. We have taken basket case cubs and put them together on a weekend. And have workshops that we rebuild carbs, distributors, finals, replaced front seals ect.

PARTY01.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Billy

Yes I have visited that site a time or two. I love that old tractor, wish i had the money to get Ag tires for it for winter use. Currently I am using the Turf tires with double ring chains in the winter. Yours looks like it has an army of happy kids behind it.

An Angley H Fox double barrel shotgun and an ancient truck jack that works great (both from Grandfathers). I also have a GE regfigarator that has freezer that is about the size of a shoe box.

On the farm here we have a 1967 John Deere 4020 Diesel I use everyday to mix feed for our 3,000 hogs. It gets arounds 10-12 hours of work per week. Once in a while dad will say something about looking at a newer replacement for it. I tell him to go ahead but I'm not going to use it.

1957 Johnson model QD-18 10hp outboard motor with a two line pressurized fuel tank, runs like a sewing machine,

mounted on a 1950's Richline model 140 14 foot aluminum boat with 4 rows of seats and is 5 feet wide, mfg. by Richland Mfg., Richland, Missouri.

Both riding on top of a 1950's TeeNee trailer. Got the motor and tank for free. My young sons and I hauled the boat and trailer out of farmers weeds for $50, fixed up both and make memories every time we use them. We have had 2 large adults and 4 kids in the boat on inland lake, stable as can be, I think the width helps with the stabiliy.

Also a 1964 Evinrude 18hp outboard. Seem to be developing a thing for these old motors.

and a John Deere 7-32 snowblower, not sure of age, but all steel, heavy duty.

Dad's old Industro hand tools and an old Craftsman hammer with a sliced leather? sliced wood? handle wrapped around the metal handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.