What kind of glass doors can i use?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattysophatty

Oct 12, 2022
Ny
hello i have an old montgomery ward fireplace model number is not important because their is no information on it across the whole interwebs. i am told because it is a prefab i must use zero clearance doors on the fireplace. the zero clearance doors place i tried to order from is afraid that the doors will get too hot and break. the fireplace previously had standard glass doors you would use for a masonry fireplace that did not seal properly. i have attached photos for recommendations on what doors i am able to use. i have read that many zero clearance or prefabs have air vents on the front of the fireplace which is why you need a door with the exact specifications, my fireplace does not have those vents, so could i use another standard glass door? i have recently refaced over the previous bricks but have attached a photo of how it looked before

20221008_213652.jpg 20221012_145356.jpg 20221012_145400.jpg

The answer according to code is you need to use doors specified by the manufacturer for your specific fireplace

Oh I would definitely have done that but there is no information on the montgomery ward 74- 21002r on the whole internet.

Oh I would definitely have done that but there is no information on the montgomery ward 74- 21002r on the whole internet.
In that case you have no option for doors legally.

Have you had the entire fireplace system inspected?