What pellet grill do you all have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rickwai

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
ohio
I am looking at a Smokin Brothers. Made in USA. Looks pretty heavy duty. I buddy of mine has one and likes it. I talked to the dealer which is a customer of mine and they said parts are easy to get and not expensive. Anybody have any experience w/ these?

I have a Pit Boss. 700 Classic Works great. A great buy for the money. 400.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own and used to sell Green Mountain Grills, I have a Daniel Boone. It is a great grill at a fair price. Customer service from the company is awesome. Not made in the US though.

I’m cheap so charcoal, but I’ve used and sold Green Mountain and they are the easiest way to grill or smoke anything.

I have a wood smoker, the kind with a smaller firebox that vents into the chamber where you put the food.
I've thought about getting just the pellet feed mechanism and adapting it to my smoker. In the meantime, I'll just cut alder wood from the woods. Alder is free to me 'cause I live way out in the sticks.

Woodmaster pellet grill. Owned since 2010. Has held up quite well.

100_1761.JPG

Well I pulled the trigger on the Smokin Bros 24" Premier. I will have it in about 1 week. It is pretty expensive but I have a inground pool service and installation company. I built a pool for the power equipment dealer a few years ago that handles the grills so I figured I would give some back to him. I am excited to try it out. It has a programmable t-stat w/ meat probe that can be set to smoke/cook until internal temp gets to set point then reduce to a warm mode. They said it works really well.