What Pellets Near Kansas City

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
So I should have my Harman Accentra installed in a couple of weeks and I am a total nubi when it comes to pellet stoves and pellets. I think I can find enough information on how to operate it correctly but I'm not having much luck on pellet choices or suppliers in the Greater Kansas City area. Any locals on here that can help a guy out. BBS Tractor Supply, Lowe's, Home Depot and Menards are my choices. Any suggestions on what to get or stay away from.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Call and find out who has what and report back here. Then we can tell you which would be better. There is also a search bar here you can use to get info and pellet reviews above.

Let us know what each place has and price per ton. Then we can make suggestions. We have no idea what pellets you can get. One plus is that you bought a Harman and they are not picky on what you feed them unlike many other stoves. That said, it is always best to try to get better pellets or proven brands that offer less fuss.

Crappy pellets are crappy pellets no matter what.

I'd suggest searching if there are any pellet manufactures in your area, or the closest ones. Then search for ratings on those pellets. You may or may not be able to purchase direct from them. If not then you will see a little lower price on those pellets (normally) because of the transportation costs added.

All the BB stores you mentioned will have different pellets by region usually. I know Menards in WI carries a lot of pellets made by Marth because Marth is made in WI the price is usually lower than other pellets. They make several pellets some top line other bottom of the bag stuff.

You may end up paying premium prices for a lower grade pellet just because of availability of pellets in your area. Or you may find a top pellet being made in your area and get a better price than someone in WI or Ohio would get.

Good luck, stay warm and Happy New Year!!