What spare parts do you have on hand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach

Sep 19, 2013
I'm curious what, if any, spare parts you have on hand for your pellet stoves? We are located over 2 hrs from a Quadrafire dealer and I figure most stoves go down when it is cold (ok, probably freezing).

We have a 10 year old Quadrafire 1200i that has performed xlnt. I replaced the door gasket last year and am fairly sure I need a new auger motor (seperate thread) this year. Otherwise, everything is original equipment and functioning as of season prep.

Should I have an igniter, thermocouple/cover, snap discs, or other parts on hand?

Thanks,

Peach

Ten years on the feed auger is pretty good. Ignitor would be tops on the list. Fans often give some indicator of failure.

I just have an ignitor. My dealer is only a 40 min ride tough.

Hopefully someone with the same model can chime in and give you a better idea what fails and when. Our Elena has no directions for firing without igniter and I haved tried several methods without much success.

Used control board (although one button doesn't work....still would work in a pinch), both the stirrer and feed augers, used ignitor, and misc door/hopper lid/ash pan gaskets, & comb. blower gasket.

I have a back up stove in the basement, but other than that, my backup is oil. Have a dealer right down the road.

Reactions: smoke show
I have a back up stove in the basement, but other than that, my backup is oil. Have a dealer right down the road.

Ditto what P38X2 said, though the dealer is a little further down the road for me. I do have a small bottle of starter gel and a nice blowtorch though.

I have a back up stove in the basement, but other than that, my backup is oil propane. Have a dealer right down the road.
x2 I let my dealer stock parts. Too bad that don't work for everyone...

I think the proper spelling for LP on this site is proPAIN:)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
One spare auger motor. <---- According to most of what I read this is the most likely cause of stove failure.
Gasket kit less exhaust blower gasket.
Burn Pot base plate (The stove had a spare in it for some reason).
And the test wire I made to jump out the auger motors for testing.
I also keep all tools that I have used on the stove in a bucket with the spare parts.

Bill

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I decided on the items below and have them ordered. Also, my auger motor bit the bullet so I am replacing it now.
Gasket for the exhaust blower
Igniter
Thermocoupler

Thought about the couple fuses on the stove but my local radio shack carries them. Thanks again I feel ready for winter!!!

Peach

Spare Ignitor, Spare gaskets for when I'm cleaning and I damage one.

I keep nothing in the way of spare parts on hand. Of course I have enough parts at the store to build a dozen+ of my stoves so I may be cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.