What stage of Creosote is this?? I know its Yummy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
Just wondered if I should call a sweep or not? :lol:
The bastage would probably eat all my food.

Second and third pics are of the start up. All was consumed with a proper dark beer. :cheese:

Attachments

• 100_1439sm.jpg
    100_1439sm.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 637
  • 100_1437sm.jpg
    100_1437sm.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 644
  • 100_1436sm.jpg
    100_1436sm.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 643
Wish i would have been there to help you out. Nice set up my friend. What exactly is that? Was it purchased like that or did you make it ? :)

floridaboy said:
Wish i would have been there to help you out. Nice set up my friend. What exactly is that? Was it purchased like that or did you make it ? :)

It started out as a hot box. I made all the air intake/exhaust as well as the burner for when I use propane.

Its a good thing you posted this Jags. I smell danger. Fortunately for you I am a self proclaimed expert in these matters. I will head out immediately with my fork to help you deal with your situation. I hope you are a fast learner cuz I'm only gonna show you once how to keep that stuff from building up on the racks like that.

MMMMMMMM, I love the taste of creosote. Especially oak.

Delta-T said:
Its a good thing you posted this Jags. I smell danger.

Nope - no danger. I used Hickory...not pine. :p

Jags - I just drooled on my laptop....

Rob

So what is it? Looks almost like chuck. I have a charcoal cooker like that and it takes all day to cook roasts at 250. Chickens are 3 hours.

Highbeam said:
So what is it?

That thar was a full rack of ribs (not those sissy baby backs) and a brisket. Ribs were for lunch (6 hrs on the smoker) and brisket for supper (a little over 11 hrs on the smoker).

If you would have held a fork full of that brisket over your head, your tongue would have beat your brains out trying to get to it. %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.