What stove do I have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CarlaH

Sep 14, 2021
Smithland, KY
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much this stove would be worth if we sold it. It's old, but we do not know how old. The serial numbers are worn off.

The stove is 25 inches wide by 30 inches long. It's a Hutch, but I'm not sure if it is a Rebel or another more specific type.

Thank you all in advance!

stove 1.jpg stove 2.jpg Stove 4.jpg

It's an old Hutch, probably from the 1970s. Worth maybe $200 at this time of year.
The installation looks quite dubious also, especially for clearances and hearth requirements.

It's an old Hutch, probably from the 1970s. Worth maybe $200 at this time of year.
The installation looks quite dubious also, especially for clearances and hearth requirements.
What looks incorrect about the installation? My husband said he installed it correctly regarding the insurance specifications. I don't know anything about it, so being able to tell him what's wrong will help. Thanks!

Guessing, because the full installation is not showing, but it appears that there is a lack of protection on the floor in front of the stove, dubious clearance behind the stove, clearances of the stove pipe. Not sure if there are more issues above that don't show in the photo.

What looks incorrect about the installation? My husband said he installed it correctly regarding the insurance specifications. I don't know anything about it, so being able to tell him what's wrong will help. Thanks!
Allot would depend what is behind that tile. If it is either directly over masonry with no combustibles buried or it is a proper ventilated heat shield that part may be ok. But the floor protection doest look proper.

Are there three screws in each stove pipe section connecting one to the next, or was the foil tape used in place of the screws?

Maybe there are screws under the tape and I just can't see the "bumps" in the pic.

Put hubby on the computer to explain the construction details of the hearth. The goal is to ensure a safe installation.

and the tape should not be there. the pipe runs too hot