What the…? $300 for an Ax?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing has been discussed here a few times over the years. People who have tried it report that it does poorly at best on North American hardwoods. The guy in the video is splitting frozen connifers. There's also some technique involved, as you have to loosen your grip when the ax strikes wood to allow it to rotate and sever off chunks. That thing would bounce off hickory like a tennis ball off a brick wall.

Oh no! Not again. That thing has been showing up here since 2008.

Reactions: TreePointer
I would love to try one just to see what it is like. I would never buy one in a million years and agree with rich that it would probably get laughed at by North American hardwoods.

I hope it's a million years before another thread about this thing shows up here. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.