What to do 041AV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilly

Dec 13, 2013
seattle
I have an old 041AV that needs a lot of work. I would like to get it working, but don't know if it is worth the hassle. Are parts available, or would I have to resort to Ebay and CL to find parts?

I had it running at one point, but the grommet that holds the pull rope is worn and keeps cutting the rope.
Any ideas?
trash?
trade?
sell?

I want to get it working, it sounded pretty cool when I did have it going.

I don't know what dealer parts availability is like on that model but, regardless, eBay is likely to be cheaper for most things. You say yours needs a lot of work, which suggests that the starter rope issue isn't the only thing. It won't ever be worth much unless it's in great cosmetic condition, so it's up to you whether it's worth the time and expense of doing it for fun.

Ya, It's an ugly thing. Been through the wringer. I might see if i can fix the grommet thing so I can at least start it, but I spose its delegated to the parts bin.

Thanks for the replies.

You'd be surprised what parts you can find on ebay.

My dad has an old 041 as well. Last year I put a new muffler and rubber bushings on it for him. Recently it started filling the cylinder with bar oil. Found the $0.99 o-ring on ebay to fix that issue.

If it still has good compression, it can be fixed. We have the technology. (and it should cost less than 6 million to do so :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.