Whats a good fireplace insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the mantle and trim are made of wood it looks to me as though your friend might also run into problems with clearances between the mantle and whichever insert or stove he chooses. There are mantle shields - but they're pretty ugly in my opinion.

wow, and your big challenge will be to keep that heat down below and not just going straight up to the upstairs and bedrooms I'm guessing. That fan looks like it'll help move the air. I can't tell what else is in the room, but I actually have something similar and run the ceiling fun in the "down" position to push the air back to the lower level. When running it feels like the a a hair dryer is blowing down back you, rather nice. Once you get a burner in there you'll figure it out!

I'll add this, I recently got a quote from the only BK dealer in my state and he quoted $3,100 installed with installation of a 6" flex liner. Said the liner was about $500 of that cost which I thought was a little low, and I'd rather have the DuraLiner anyway. Pretty sure they're not quoting a top notch liner install there and it's only a portion of their business, they're an HVAC shop, so doing it myself seemed to be the best way to go with the liner.

Not sure of the price flux across the country, but I'd think he'd be pretty close to 3K depending on his options and such.
He will be well over 3K for a BK with a liner.
I don't see how your dealer could stay in business at those prices! The unit alone is pushing 3K around here! If he was selling you an entire liner kit, it was near cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.