what's by your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This year I am setting up a motorized conveyor belt that goes directly from the woodpile to the top of the chimney. I will just open the bypass and let the wood fall into the stove from the top. Convenience!

Hard on the ceramic baffle, but a real timesaver...

I have some black powder rifles, powder horns and 1 Doberman. She loves the heat!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Both of our stoves are shielded convection stoves. So they are more part of the intimate living space than a radiant stove because their distance to combustibles is much less, and we easily live around them. For example:

2016-10-15-14-43-45-jpg.185725.jpg

An ash bucket with lid, a bucket of sand, welder's gloves, fireplace tools (tongs, poker, rake), a ball of aluminum foil shaped to fit the secondary air intake beneath the stove, and a mirror to find the opening. Pretty mundane...

Thanks for your comment... now I know to look for a secondary air intake beneath the stove ;em:confused::)

There's an old copper boiler for kindling wood, cat bed, hearth tools and a small daytime log holder

Thanks for your comment... now I know to look for a secondary air intake beneath the stove ;em:confused::)

That's on a Shelburne...not sure what you have. (The plug is to stop a runaway fire emergency).

19e891314a63c12d1489d8d9e4544983.jpg

I think it's still alive, but it hasn't moved in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

064b161c57811dc614bac6972a68d38e.jpg

Oops, I made too much noise, instigating a changing of the guard. Two stoves, two dogs, you do the math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always add one. In your case, a stone shelf would look nice, but so would a pine one stained in Ipswich Pine.

One of the copper boiler kettles I keep by my stoves would look nice, replacing your RubberMaid tote.

Good ideas

Who would have thought we'd find style in this den of praticality

We just found some perfect chairs by the side of the road. Low, Leather, and on wheels! Much smaller than the rocker that was there before. I need to get a picture :)