what's this model & manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elenco

Jul 9, 2014
vermont
I have this older woodstove with no identification plate, name, imprint on it - thinking it may be a Nashua rear vent model but not sure. Anyone out there who can help - it's the installation specs that I'm interested in, to see if it's up to code. Also - where can I find current code standards for woodstove installation? Insurance hassles !!

Attachments

• cabin woodstove.JPG
    cabin woodstove.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 202
If there's is no plate on it, it likely not UL listed. That in itself might be a deal breaker for your insurance.
For an unlisted stove the clearance is 36" from any combustible. This can be reduced with a non combustible wall shield that has a 1" air gap behind it and installed so air can flow around it. This reduces your clearances to 12".
If there is wood framing behind that brick, it is considered a combustible wall. Brick offers nearly no thermal protection.

By the way, I think that's a Garrison Woodstove look alike. The handles aren't correct for the Garrison stoves Ive seen, I could be wrong. Either way its a Franklin stove knock off, its going to be very inefficient. Unless its just for occasional use, this would be a good time to make the insurance company happy and replace it with a modern stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.