when stove sales have a 400% increase so far this year other shortages are soon to follow.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Please stay calm and do not panic!!!!!!

Just been told that vent pipe pieces are starting to run short. Tees, elbows, and wall thimbles are running out of stock. I am not going to say what brand but I am sure it is not just one manufacture. Plan ahead but do not hoard, we can all get through this together. Remember, deep breaths.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:

Just been told that vent pipe pieces are starting to run short. Tees, elbows, and wall thimbles are running out of stock. I am not going to say what brand but I am sure it is not just one manufacture. Plan ahead but do not hoard, we can all get through this together. Remember, deep breaths.

Eric
Wow is that right 400 percent increase!

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling..............

BadDad you have a time out.

The 400% is on all stove sales. I wish I could find where I read this.

Eric

Union Leader (New Hampshire) July 13, 2008...

Pellet boom
Chris Smith, a salesman at Abundant Life Wood & Gas Stoves in Chichester, said pellet-stove sales this year were projected to increase by a healthy 30 percent. Instead, "there's been an over 400 percent increase," he said. "It's been crazy."

Does this help?

ya and how long will it take for the companies that make pellets to hike the prices up so much that it wont be worth burnig them maybe i should have went back to wood hope the pellet makers dont put themselves out of business

dave1966 said:
ya and how long will it take for the companies that make pellets to hike the prices up so much that it wont be worth burnig them maybe i should have went back to wood hope the pellet makers dont put themselves out of business
Probably not. That's the value of the free market economy. They've all invested major money in their plants. If they overprice sooner or later demand goes down and they'll see their investment go idle. The oil industry is a perfect example of it - look what happened to demand when gas broke $3.50 and oil busted the $4 barrier. People said "enough, I'm going with alternatives". Oil has dropped $25/barrel, gasoline is down nearly $1 from its high and fuel oil is starting a slow slide downward. So it will be with pellets - they hit $400/ton and oil stays where it is, no one buys pellets and burns oil instead.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Keep yer stick on the ice , I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together

Thanks Matchstickchick.

Come and get a Complementarity bag of pellets for watching my back.

BadDad, you have fulfilled your debt to society, your timeout is done.

Eric

Thanks for letting me back in...... My wife actually said a while back she was surprised there was not talk of a pipe shortage when it became apparent that stoves were in short supply and there were regional shortages of pellets. While we were waiting for our install she said "I hope there is enough pipe considering all the stoves being installed". I consider myself lucky that I got my stove installed and enough pellets (@$235/ton, Barefoot & Lignetics) stashed away for the winter. I wish everyone still waiting good fortune on the completion of their purchases of stoves, pellets and piping.

400 % please guys . I m in the fresh seafood biz we have 24 boats mostly steelhull draggers ,a few longliners a lot of scallop boats , OUR COMPANY LANDED 10 Million pounds so far
supply and demand even with weather gov reg cuts . 400% no way ever . 4% maybe 40% You might convince me 400% no way they make them . Have them in stock , working the market
( price gougeing) we run out of gas yet , we short in production NNAAA .

Thanks, Kinsman! Can you ship them to CT...oh wait...there's that dreaded shipping charge, huh? Thanks, but I think I'm all set in the pellet game.

Folks, I just love the "forecast" for this storm Gustav. In "anticipation" of this storm wreaking potentially severe damage to the oil rigs out in the Gulf, the price of a barrel of oil rose today to blah-blah-blah...any excuse for a price increase.

Okay....I'm done. Goodnight all.

Just wait until fall when pellets run far short. It'll be easier to get an Nintendo Wii for Christmas.

Ahhhhh..... Nintendo Wii, that will keep you warm!

I have a 4 yr old and 6 yr old that will Rock Your World in Bowling.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.