when to replace oil furnace shutoff solenoid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paulmars

Feb 10, 2017
fl
Pressure held for 24 hours, then I removed gauge.

Suntec a2va-7116 says pressure will drop then hold when burner is shut off. "Cut off pressure could be less then 80%. The important operation is that it drops to some level and stops." "If pressure drops to zero the unit should be replaced."

So mine dropped from 100 to 63, then slowly continued to drop and was at 45 after 24 hours.

I asked Beckett and they said it should hold for 10 minutes.

Then they said that I should replace my pump. Ive asked twice and they wont explain why I should replace it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

So mine dropped from 100 to 63, then slowly continued to drop and was at 45 after 24 hours.
100 to 63 in what amount of time?
What is the issue again?

Issue is me wanting to know why this pump is bad, if the test says good
If it is working ok then yeah, ignore them...if its not, then maybe experience says thats a bad pump?