Where can I buy high temp duct tape?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatherof2

Aug 12, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi Gang,

I would like to wrap a layer of tape around a couple of joints on my stove pipe.

Can anyone recommend an online store where I could make a purchase?

My local stores don't have it nor does Mountain View.

Thank you!

you don't have any hardware stores or anything? the foil hvac tape is pretty common, you could even try and appliance store, otehrwise it's all over the place on ebay, amazon, uline, etc.

If you can't find some high temp aluminum tape, try some high temp clear silicone caulk. You can pick that up at menards, home depots, lowes, etc. I use it on some of my joints. kap

You can use high-temp silicone tape. You can get Stretch and Seal at HD (Nashua Tape is good and comes in many colors), or probably your local hardware store. You can get Extreme Tape on Amazon.

I've used both and they seem to work equally well. Neither will leave a residue if you have to remove it for some reason.

Reactions: womaus
You can use high-temp silicone tape. You can get Stretch and Seal at HD (Nashua Tape is good and comes in many colors), or probably your local hardware store. You can get Extreme Tape on Amazon.

I've used both and they seem to work equally well. Neither will leave a residue if you have to remove it for some reason.

Seconding the high temp silicone tape suggestion. Quick and easy to use, might get a bit expensive though if you need to break the joints for cleaning, it's not reusable.

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8211...19985&sr=8-2&keywords=silicone+high+temp+tape

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-T...-Fusing-Silicone-Tape-Clear-1210364/203534911

High temp silicone is the way to go. I got mine at Home Depot on sale for $5

Ditto on the silicone tape

Status
Not open for further replies.