Where can I get Quadra-fire parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Quadra-fire Mount Vernon in Westchester County, New York heating the ground floor of a 3000 square foot house. I love that stove. I have burned pellets and corn for three years with no problems.

Last month the thing went bezerk. First, it overheated – the auger fed too many pellets and the blower did not go on. Then the auger stopped feeding pellets. I tried to find my dealer but he lost his dealership. I called the dealer’s serviceman (who I had used once before to put in a door gasket) He came, made some adjustments, told me to clean the vent & the flue, said that the stove was fine collect $180.00 and left. I removed the plates from the side & back of the stove, found about ½ cup of soot, vacuumed it, closed it up plugged it in, pressed the reset button and waited for it to start up. No pellets!

Called the factory for help. They told me to call a dealer. -- Their closest dealer does not sell or repair pellet stoves. Next dealer knew about pellet stoves but is an hour away – that means $140.00 for travel time to check it out $140.00 to come back with parts plus $??.?? for service plus $??.?? For parts. And they are booked for two weeks --

20 years ago I repaired my own car. Replaced alternators, starters, etc. 10 years ago I built a computer from a kit. I decided to repair my own stove.

By now I knew that my auger motor ran in the right direction until it met resistance, reversed ran until it met resistance and reversed again. Unfortunately it ran the wrong way more then the right way so no pellets. Called the factory – was told that the capacitor or wiring was bad. Replaced the capacitor, checked the wiring no help. I did find out that if you disconnect and reconnect the auger motor it will reverse. By adding a switch in line with the auger motor I can now easily reverse the motor and run the stove when I am home. But what caused the problem in the first place?

Being lazy, I figure that the easiest way to repair the stove would be to replace the auger motor and the control panel. Called the factory again. Again I was told to call my dealer. The factory won’t sell me the parts.

I need parts and want to be sure I get the right onrs. Is there a dealer in this group who is familiar with the Mount Vernon and has parts for it or would be willing to get me parts quickly?

Alex [email protected] 1-800-255-6179.

I can get parts usually in a day or two, if they have stock at our RDC warehouse.

The control board only supplies power to the auger motor so I suspect if you get the auger motor with the harness and capacitor it would fix it. Although I have not ran into this before so I can't say for sure.

I can call later today if I have time.

alex said:
I have a Quadra-fire Mount Vernon in Westchester County, New York heating the ground floor of a 3000 square foot house. I love that stove. I have burned pellets and corn for three years with no problems.

Last month the thing went bezerk. First, it overheated – the auger fed too many pellets and the blower did not go on. Then the auger stopped feeding pellets. I tried to find my dealer but he lost his dealership. I called the dealer’s serviceman (who I had used once before to put in a door gasket) He came, made some adjustments, told me to clean the vent & the flue, said that the stove was fine collect $180.00 and left. I removed the plates from the side & back of the stove, found about ½ cup of soot, vacuumed it, closed it up plugged it in, pressed the reset button and waited for it to start up. No pellets!

Called the factory for help. They told me to call a dealer. -- Their closest dealer does not sell or repair pellet stoves. Next dealer knew about pellet stoves but is an hour away – that means $140.00 for travel time to check it out $140.00 to come back with parts plus $??.?? for service plus $??.?? For parts. And they are booked for two weeks --

20 years ago I repaired my own car. Replaced alternators, starters, etc. 10 years ago I built a computer from a kit. I decided to repair my own stove.

By now I knew that my auger motor ran in the right direction until it met resistance, reversed ran until it met resistance and reversed again. Unfortunately it ran the wrong way more then the right way so no pellets. Called the factory – was told that the capacitor or wiring was bad. Replaced the capacitor, checked the wiring no help. I did find out that if you disconnect and reconnect the auger motor it will reverse. By adding a switch in line with the auger motor I can now easily reverse the motor and run the stove when I am home. But what caused the problem in the first place?

Being lazy, I figure that the easiest way to repair the stove would be to replace the auger motor and the control panel. Called the factory again. Again I was told to call my dealer. The factory won’t sell me the parts.

I need parts and want to be sure I get the right onrs. Is there a dealer in this group who is familiar with the Mount Vernon and has parts for it or would be willing to get me parts quickly?

Alex [email protected] 1-800-255-6179.

Alex: My dealer is great and can get parts....but I have a couple back ups so heres a couple places along with JT, good luck.

http://www.stove-parts.net/Quadrafire_Parts_s/23.htm

http://www.stovesandspas.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=QUADRAFIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.