Where did the nut go.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meg32682

Dec 27, 2010
So I made a stupid move.....cleaned my auger in my quadrafire 1200i and when I was mounting the auger back in place I dropped one of the mounting nuts behind the auger. I can't for the life of me figure out where it went. I just want to make sure it's not stuck In a motor etc before we use it. I can try to take a photo of where it fell. It's just a big empty area below where the hopper. Only ave 1/4 tank of oil before te big an storm so I'm worried about running out of oil if I can't use my stove! Thanks!!!

Could be anywhere. Been a while since I tore the insert apart.

Eric

Fish around in there with a magnet .......... It didn't go far......... I hate when that happens ......... It'll turn up at the least opportune time .............. If it's stuck in something, you'll find out, but shouldn't be a big problem ............. take one of the other nuts off, go to the hardware store before they close and buy 2 or 3 more ........

remove the clean out plates on either side of the burn pot and see if it fell in there.

I am sure it will turn up inside the circulation blower at 3am on a Saturday night. No biggie.

eric

Is it stuck to one of the motors? They have magnets in/on them. Not that it has happened to me before!!! Ha Ha Ha

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.