Where does this go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed P

Apr 13, 2013
Wapwallopen, Pa
stove part.jpgStove new paint.jpgstove handle.jpg Not sure if this is going to post correctly.... I repainted my stove and when I took it apart I noticed this piece (the little steel piece of spring metal) laying on the floor. I have no idea where it came from. Can anyone tell me where it goes. My other picture is of the door latch. I loosened the set screw, knocked out the pivot pin and pulled the little spring loaded ball out of it holder, cleaned them all up and repainted the handle. When I put the handle back on the ball no longer makes contact with the handle. I didn't move the bracket where the spring loaded ball sits.... Final picture is of my stove with a new paint job!!

That's what I thought too... I can't find a spot for it. I don't think it has anything mechanical to do with the stove. I thought maybe it went behid the tile to keep pressure on it so it doesn't vibrate. I guess I'll just hold onto it. Thanks.

Let's see - you found a part, and the door latch doesn't work properly. Maybe, maybe not related :eek:

Reactions: smoke show
I have clips like that on my Invincible. They help hold the trim around the glass from falling out. They are spring clips. I would speculate that they help hold the tile in the bracket.

Hello

My guess is the clip that holds the tile frame. The frame holds the tile and the clip holds the frame.

Hello

BTW, I am re-painting a Harman P-61 that I made into a P-61a.

What color paint did you use? Did you paint the firebox too?

Did you paint your ash pan?
See pics
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/time-to-pimp-your-ash-pan-harman-style.109333/#post-1439835

Here are some pics
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/my-first-harman-what-color-is-it.108227/page-2#post-1439585

Have to paint the new hopper extension too!
See pics
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...sion-for-harman-p-series.109409/#post-1441261

the spring clip does indeed go to the tile frmae on the ash pan door...might be a spare, or it wasn't set in correctly after you panited it. the "L" shaped metal piece looks bent a bit downward on your door latch...you can prolly just straighten it out with some pliers.

Don2222, I painted it with Stove Bright Satin Black. I bought it at the Harman dealer. Inside the firebox I sanded it and sprayed Pam cooking spray. The Damp Rid is there just as an extra.

Delta T.. thanks. I thought it had something to do with the tile or frame on the ash door.

Status
Not open for further replies.