Where to buy rake/What to do with stove stand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Hello,
For some reason, I have yet to find a coals rake anywhere! Suggestions?

Also, my Englander 13 came with both the legs and stand. Since we use the legs, we have the stand just sitting around. Any ideas on what to do with it?!

Absolutely love the stove, by the way.

Thanks,
SML

Use the pedestal as a UL listed fireproof TV stand.

I use a shovel. Works just as good as a "rake" which is actually a hoe, but whatever... :coolsmile:

I run the straight part of the poker through the ashes/coals to float the coals to the top and then use the hooked part to rake them to the front. Sometimes I use a corner of the shovel. I'm still looking for something to make a rake out of. I might raid the wife's garden tools for ideas/materials. SHhhh... Don't tell her.

Place the pedestal next to your stove, and put a statue of BrotherBart atop it. That little Englander will never even think about giving you any trouble. :coolsmirk: Rick

fossil said:
Place the pedestal next to your stove, and put a statue of BrotherBart atop it. That little Englander will never even think about giving you any trouble. :coolsmirk: Rick

Please observe clearances to comBUSTables. :coolgrin:

K,
Looks like I need a new TV!

SML

I bought the Pilgrim 5 piece compact tool set from my local stove shop. It includes a rake, shovel, poker, and broom. Seen here:
http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5PI-18019
I actually went back and bought a longer set because they were a bit short for me to work with in the Mansfield (very deep firebox) and I couldn't return them. I paid $99 and used them for a couple weeks. I'd be willing to sell them for $75? if you/anyone is interested.

Jon

Hello,
Thanks for the offer, but I have a complete set--sans rake! Good luck selling it off.

SML

I bought a rake last winter on line and I can't remember from whom. I googled fireplace rakes and searched through sites until I found one sold separately.

( I just checked Amazon and they have one that looks like mine for 25.00.)

Johnny B. said:
I use a shovel. Works just as good as a "rake" which is actually a hoe, but whatever... :coolsmile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But referring to your "ash hoe" brings up too many connotations..........

"Honey, I can't seem to find my ash hoe"

or

"my wife says 'no way', so now I just call on my ash hoe"

I'll stop now. Its an ash RAKE

IMHO a hoe is solid and a rake is notched. A hoe moves ashes and coals while a rake separates the coals from the ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.