Which Harman pellet stove tile do you have and what color and trim is your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, very nice!

Thanks.....Here's a photo of the previous Lopi FoxFire pellet stove and the hearth it sat on. The Lopi was in the house when I bought it back in 2001. It served me very well up until I decided I wanted to make pellets my primary heat source. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new, more capable stove. And since I was putting in a new stove, I thought it was time to put in a new hearth set up as well. I still have the old Lopi in storage in my basement with the idea that I may put it in a camp or yurt I wish to build one day.

img_0814-jpg.66192

Cool

Turns out the new Bright Nickel Trim Kit Tile frame does not fit this old non recessed ash door! ! !
To use the new Frame, a new ash door for approx $110 would have to be special ordered since it is not stocked at the local depot!

Therefore, I just touched up the original old gold surface mount Tile Frame. How does it look?

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 274
I agree on the Nickel trim and Satin black, it maybe the best choice. The only problem I am running into, is the old classic door does not accept the nickel trim kit. The nickel trim kit is not that pricey either. I am good buddies with my local Harman dealer and he will find out if I can update to the latest door.

I got a brand new after market hopper extension for only $95 ! ! ! Sure beats the OEM $229.95 price! ! ! I wonder if I could double stack them! ! !
That would be cool 2 - 60 lb extensions on a 70 lb hopper! Hmmmmmm! ! ! Anyone try it?

Anyway, I am waiting for the Ignition upgrade kit. I really need that since the board's Auger Triac is toast. I do have another board with the exact same problem! Anyone know which Triac is the Auger Triac? I could take one of the other 2 Triacs and make a good board? Does that sound doable?
Is your Harman guy Romeo from Pelham? Great guy.

Black stove with brushed nickle trim. Looks nice. Picked up a lighthouse slate to fill the spot, but some of the custom slates look pretty cool. If we see one that really stands out, and we have the money, I'd pick one up.

this year I added heat shields to the sides as well. It's more than the minimum distance from the corner walls, but they still get warm enough for me to justify spending more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.