Which one to get ( Question from my father)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thumper_65590

Nov 28, 2021
Missouri
My dad is looking at getting a used pellet stove. So far, there are 2 he has seen and asked me about. One is an 06 Castle, not sure of the model, that has a new board, but an overheat issue according to the seller. The other is a Santa Fe the has a blue indicator light, but nothing else is coming on. I told him that I think the Castle model would be the better choice, as it could be nothing more than a limit switch or the board isn't correctly programmed. Here are the links to each stove. Santa Fe Pellet Stove, Castle Pellet Stove. What is everyones thoughts? He is looking to get one of these this Monday.

The Castle link not working. No matter to me, I would,without a doubt, buy the Quadrafire. If the other was that cheap buy both. Quads are very much higher quality than the imported Castles. Fix that Quad and it could sell for 1500 or more.

X2 what Bob said.. cant go wrong with a Quad. now what is he looking to heat?

the quad will be a smaller footprint and summer fan on the furnace will help distribute heat. its a much higher quality stove. even if the board fails it only 200 bucks for a new one. and there's always help here :)

Make sure to install an outside air kit. I don't know if the stove sucks all the oxygen out of the trailer, or what, but there are warnings all over the Harman manual saying to put one in.

Reactions: tlc1976