Which Stove Do i Have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CGS

Oct 30, 2019
Canada
Hello Everyone,
New to this site....
I have what appears to be something in between a Grandma Bear and Grandpa Bear. Stove opening 19" wide x 12.5" high, which I believe is somewhere in between the two.
I'd like to add a screen to this stove. Anyone know where to get or who might fabricate screens that hook on the top hinges?

Going to need pictures of that one. I'm assuming it has Fisher on the doors? Door opening doesn't make sense for any Fisher Stove.
Cathedral arched top doors or flat top? That makes a difference for screen.
What does it measure across the top?

Welcome to the forum CGS! Attaching pictures is easy. Just click on the symbol above, between the chain link and the video camera with the + inside it. Then select the pic you want to attach. But hit the "enter" key first, then click on the symbol above

Screenshot_20191030-214448~2.png

He has an Insert.
He wants glass instead of screen material.
No, no, and no.