Which used wood burning insert to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73jake91

Feb 5, 2015
Southwest Ohio
I have found three used wood burning inserts to buy locally which all fit my opening. A Buck Model 91, Buck Model 74, and Hitzer 983. All stoves are in great condition and less than three years old. For the safety of my family I plan on installing a metal liner inside the clay liner. Not a big fan of a catalytic stove, which the 91 is I understand. Wood will not be the primary source of heat for 2,000 sq ft. home, I'm just trying to give the Geothermal system a break when we reach the teens temperature wise. I have plenty of seasoned Ash to burn thanks to EAB. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Measure the inside dimensions of your tile, see what sized liner you can get down, figuring insulation also. Figure that out before buying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.