Which will last longer in round form?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel59

Oct 19, 2015
Kentucky
I recently had an ash tree and a pin oak cut down and will not get to split them for a while. I know I need to get at least a 2×4 under them, but which will last longer if any of them is touching the ground, the ash or oak? Thanks for the help! 005518a7b74e17838c68f68e228bd03e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ash tends to punk a lot quicker in log form. The oak should be ok for a bit, but get it all c/s/s asap

Reactions: BenTN
Like the other posters said it's best to get it broken up as soon as possible.

Luckily none of this stuff is going to fall apart immediately. Getting it elevated will buy you
even more time before processing.

Like the other posters said it's best to get it broken up as soon as possible.

Luckily none of this stuff is going to fall apart immediately. Getting it elevated will buy you
even more time before processing.
Well, after a few hours over a couple weekends, it is all at least bucked. Now I just need to get something to put under it to get the big rounds off the ground and the smaller split and stacked. Maybe tomorrow...

20161119_171219.jpg

20161119_171223.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.