Whitfield Advantage II-T brass window trim.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Schluterton

Dec 18, 2014
Lind, WA
I picked up a Whitfield a couple years ago and am just getting around to installing it. It's missing the brass window trim on the center door and one of the side doors. My question is .......... are these trim pieces necessary? It doesn't appear they do anything to secure the glass as it looks to be firmly held in from the inside. Since this stove is in a back room and it's possibly going to need other parts I'd rather hold off on non-essentials if possible. What say you Whitfield pros?

I'd say, as long as there are no THRU holes where the trim is supposed to be mounted, you should be OK to go ahead & burn.