Whitfield Advantage II-T not feeding enough pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Curtis

Dec 16, 2012
I have a Advantage II-T and the auger does not run long enough or fast enough to keep the heat rollin! I have cleaned the entire stove and the ash traps, tried by passing both limit switches and have replaced the auger motor. None of these have made any difference, the board seems to be cycling all functions correctly but I am not sure any help would be great thank you.

Close down the draft a bit.

Did you match up the replacement motor to what was on the stove?

Did you get it firmly fastened to the auger?

Are there any fines in the auger flight?

Does the auger wobble (looking for a worn bearing or bushing)?

Is there anything jammed in the drop chute?

Is the vacuum switch staying closed?

I have not changed the draft since the problem has started and the motor is a exact replacement for what was on the stove and the motor is firmly fastened to the auger.I also have completely torn the stove apart to clean it so there is not any fines anywhere, and the bushings for the auger don't seem to be very loose and the auger does spin nice and free. I can't find anything in the drop chute and the pressure switch I have bypassed for testing purposes. If there is anything else I can awnser please let me know thank you.

I have a Advantage II-T and the auger does not run long enough or fast enough to keep the heat rollin! I have cleaned the entire stove and the ash traps, tried by passing both limit switches and have replaced the auger motor. None of these have made any difference, the board seems to be cycling all functions correctly but I am not sure any help would be great thank you.
auger bushing and motor...it's time, the thing has to be at least 15

How much play should it have? this probably has around .020-.030" of clearence and it has a ton of end thrust approx. .500", but it does not have any binding.

It has the original auger and the history of the stove is my friends bought it brand new and it is was purchased in 1991 and it has been used very little and now is in my garage for shop heat. Both bushings seem good, and the feed rate is all the way up and it seems to make no difference at all, the voltage to the feed motor I have not checked yet.

I have never tried adjusting the trim on my stove, but I do know that some times the pellets are just that much too long and will only drop 3 pellets that is has managed to chew up. I have never had fines plug the Whit up. I do think at times it went to sedro wooley school for its count on times between cycles. condensation on inside of control feed knob will allow you to turn it up and it stay on the low setting tho. seen that on these when used as shop heat and there turning all rusty looking from condensation.

Fines usually only cause issues if the pellets can't at least ride above them but if the fuel/air mixture is off lots of previous minor things become problematical.

Even on a 5 heat the pellets dont drop?, the auger at that level should almost be humming nonstop, you might have a control board issue

Status
Not open for further replies.