Whitfield pellets missing pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stmar

Sep 12, 2014
Wyo
Tried to do a search but could not find answers. My 20 year old Whitfield Profile 30 is having pellets missing the pot, seems to be worse can see a layer of unburnt pellets just laying there. When it gets hot enough they do ignite but I don't know if this is a good thing. What would cause the pellets to fall outside the pot, seems to be worse at start up? The pot is not full enough to cause an overflow so it must be the initial input of pellets. Is there an easy fix?

Maybe the air damper is open to much and is blowing the pellets out of the burn pot.

Interesting, will check that out but flame seems to be okay and not dancing too much nor blue.

I had the same problem with my profile 30 insert. I ended up fabricating some "wings" and a "backstop" to contain the pellets in the pot.

Eric

I will see if I have some metal plate/sheet and see if I can fab something to go with the pot. I guess anything that sticks up a bit to keep them from bouncing out, I am sure that is what is happening since they end up on the side of the pot.