Whitfield stove not burning plellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobZ 1988

Nov 15, 2021
Johnstown pa
I have a Whitfield profile 30 FS from the early 2000s. I’m having trouble with the pellets turning black and not burning all the way and building up in the fire box after about 2-3 hours. I replaced the door gasket, auger motor, control panel, exhaust fan, combustion fan, cleaned it top and bottom. I read about recalibration on the control panel but, It seem to do nothing different with all the changes. I’m losing the battle and about to give up any ideas what I could do or tweak would be great thanks!!

image.jpg image.jpg

Looks to be short of air for combustion
make sure all areas of the stove are clean including hidden ash traps.
Clean the exhaust from the combustion motor to the top of the chimney.
check the air intake and OAK if installed . Is the damper open or somehow got closed?
Welcome to the Forum

I cleaned it out all spot to my knowledge. And I have the damper opened all the way. I’ll take the combustion fan out and clean it all up thanks I’ll let you know how it
Goes!!