Whitfield Traditions- blinking lights on Control Board??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfvs1978

Jan 22, 2016
New Jersey
Hello,
I am writing for some trouble shooting help for my Whitfield Traditions P11 pellet stove. I shut it down this afternoon to do routing cleaning and when I went to restart the stove all the lights on the control board blink. First the On/Off power switch blinks alternating with the Heat and Blower lights blinking. I have unplugged and plugged the stove back in, in hope to reset it, but to no avail.

Anyone else have this experience. I've researched a bit on line and it seems like its a malfunctioning control board, but a replacement board is quite expensive ($350) and most vendors have it marked as an nonreturnable item....so I'm trying to narrow down the problem before I spend that kind of money!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello, welcome to the forum, while cleaning, could you accidentally have bumped into the thermostat jumper on the back of stove? Blinking lights normally indicate a thermostat calling for heat or, if no thermostat installed, a missing/damaged thermostat jumper.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. No thermostat attached, but I checked I the jumper wires and they are tightly in place.
The lights start blinking as soon as I replug the stove in. I don't even have to press the On/Off button.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.