Who here has ordered from Everything Fireplaces? I did.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yikes2012

Aug 16, 2022
MI
Man, I messed up. I went with a good price, and ordered from everything fireplaces. Im curious who else has regretted their purchases from this deviant company. I ordered an osburn wood stove from them. I am disappointed that Osburn would let me them be an authorized seller when the have this routine behavior of not shipping their products. I tried to do my homework prior to ordering. Verfied they had inventory in stock. Verified they were authorized seller. Called before hand. Still messed up. I attempted to order local but none of the local dealers had it in stock, so I figured I had to order it i anyways. Lesson learned. I am going to be opening a dispute with my credit card if no refund by this Friday. We are over a month for an item that is supposedly in stock. I think I have been more than gracious.

So they also run a site called everything hearth and home. Similar stories. Cannot eddit the title with the typo in it.

Did you get your money back?

For me the dead give away is the lack of a physical address on their website. I will never purchase anything from a website that does not clearly list the businesses address.

At least you're not out the money, just time, and frustration.

If you haven't already I'd alert SBI (parent company of Osburn) to the issue, I'm sure this isn't a dealer they want representing their brand.

Reactions: brenndatomu
At least you're not out the money, just time, and frustration.

If you haven't already I'd alert SBI (parent company of Osburn) to the issue, I'm sure this isn't a dealer they want representing their brand.

As an authorized dealer for several reputable brands myself, I thought the same exact thing and starting copying SBI on the emails showing all the excuses and missed deadlines, and blatant deceipt occuring.

Despites SBI's wonderful tech sport, and Alan, offering his sympathies, Marc offering his brief emails (mostly unanswered by Everything Fireplaces) to please resolve, they had very little input or to say on the matter which did suprise. My manufacturers can certainly place some pressure on myself as a dealer if a transaction was going poorly enough that they felt they needed to.

That is why I wanted to bring attention to this here, Everything Places is listed as an authorized dealers of Osburn/SBI and they are not worthy of peoples business.

There are several other business that work hard to earn their business in a respectable manner.

As an authorized dealer for several reputable brands myself, I thought the same exact thing and starting copying SBI on the emails showing all the excuses and missed deadlines, and blatant deceipt occuring.

Despites SBI's wonderful tech sport, and Alan, offering his sympathies, Marc offering his brief emails (mostly unanswered by Everything Fireplaces) to please resolve, they had very little input or to say on the matter which did suprise. My manufacturers can certainly place some pressure on myself as a dealer if a transaction was going poorly enough that they felt they needed to.

That is why I wanted to bring attention to this here, Everything Places is listed as an authorized dealers of Osburn/SBI and they are not worthy of peoples business.

There are several other business that work hard to earn their business in a respectable manner.

They are aware, and that's what matters. I highly doubt SBI would inform the customer (you) of any action they would be taking in regards to a dealer with poor customer satisfaction.

I've been there with poor dealers too, my last incident literally cost me (well my insurance company) $50k to replace my holiday trailer burnt down in their shop. The sad part is (for me at least) that was the easiest way of ending that awful 2 year customer/business relationship.

They are aware, and that's what matters. I highly doubt SBI would inform the customer (you) of any action they would be taking in regards to a dealer with poor customer satisfaction.

I've been there with poor dealers too, my last incident literally cost me (well my insurance company) $50k to replace my holiday trailer burnt down in their shop. The sad part is (for me at least) that was the easiest way of ending that awful 2 year customer/business relationship.

I understand being upset with an awful 2 year relationship, but don't you think burning their shop down is a little extreme!! :)

I understand being upset with an awful 2 year relationship, but don't you think burning their shop down is a little extreme!! :)

Lol. I really liked that trailer, just didn't like the "service" from their service department.

The whole situation was pretty fishy, but I'll stop with that.

Reactions: bholler

I would have simply appreciated a response from SBI saying: "Ship thr item you stated you had in stock, or refund the funds with no cancellation charge.", The rest of their actions were their business.

Did anyone with a bad experience end up getting money back? I’m wondering about legal action. They took $2,000 from us for an undelivered product. They claim they refunded but it never showed up with our credit card company. Credit card company said what they did is fraud. Makes me sick there’s nothing I can do.

Did anyone with a bad experience end up getting money back? I’m wondering about legal action. They took $2,000 from us for an undelivered product. They claim they refunded but it never showed up with our credit card company. Credit card company said what they did is fraud. Makes me sick there’s nothing I can do.

If it was ordered on a credit card why didn't you just dispute the charge when the refund didn't show up?

If it was ordered on a credit card why didn't you just dispute the charge when the refund didn't show up?
I did. Multiple times. Denied each time due to “too much time passing since transaction”. They charged me for the items and then kept saying delayed (for months!). It seemed somewhat normal since this was at the time everything was delayed and back ordered. When I finally said I can’t wait anymore and to please cancel, they said no problem and they’d refund. They never did. At that point too much time had passed for a dispute.

I did. Multiple times. Denied each time due to “too much time passing since transaction”. They charged me for the items and then kept saying delayed (for months!). It seemed somewhat normal since this was at the time everything was delayed and back ordered. When I finally said I can’t wait anymore and to please cancel, they said no problem and they’d refund. They never did. At that point too much time had passed for a dispute.
How long did you give them?

Also what card? I specifically put larger transactions on the Amex for this reason. Very consumer friendly.
Depending how bored you are, and how pissed you feel, complain to the attorney general in their location, and yours, have a lawyer draft a generic but itimidating letter. Be sure to leave negative google reviews. Essentiallly complain, complain, complain, and if you feel like it go to small claims.

They stated the item should arrive in 2 weeks. At 4 Weeks I firmly expected a refund. At 6 Weeks I was disputing with CC. When they started the delaying game I saw the writing on the wall and said no, we arent doing this.

This review is on the website...

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 12-36-04 Online Fireplace Store Everything Fireplaces.png

How long did you give them?

Also what card? I specifically put larger transactions on the Amex for this reason. Very consumer friendly.
Depending how bored you are, and how pissed you feel, complain to the attorney general in their location, and yours, have a lawyer draft a generic but itimidating letter. Be sure to leave negative google reviews. Essentiallly complain, complain, complain, and if you feel like it go to small claims.

They stated the item should arrive in 2 weeks. At 4 Weeks I firmly expected a refund. At 6 Weeks I was disputing with CC. When they started the delaying game I saw the writing on the wall and said no, we arent doing this.
Yes, I should not have been so naive about it. They definitely took advantage. I already did all of those things you mentioned. Everyone said they can’t do anything. Lawyer sent multiple demand letters with no responses. Next step was small claims, but I’ve heard it’s a huge pain (and cost for me) if I’m out of state, which I am. And I was told even if I win, actually getting the money is another story. I had hoped other folks out there had discussed grouping together for a class action lawsuit, but I haven’t looked into what that takes. Yet.

Glad you got your money back! I really can’t believe they are still in business. Sickening they get away with this.

I appreciate this information and I'm very sorry you got burned. That's a lot of money and I would not stop fighting until I got my money back. I might hit the pause button now and then but I would never give up. Not for that amount of money.

Just a heads up. Their google reviews on both stores were tanking hard. People were catching on to what they were doing so they shut down their google pages. Their websites have moved on to saying "opening soon". The clown that owns these business is a professional at making websites and will no doubt launch a new scam site doing the same thing very soon. Just posting this so everyone whos looking, use a reputable dealer. Do your homework.

I feel I should mention Rockford Chimney Supply. They sent the product promptly. Notified when they had a 1 day shipping delay, and provided awesome support throughout.

Last edited:
Well this company has finally got what they deserved. Their website is down and they are no longer scamming customers. According to Linked In,

Derrick Morran, Is claiming to be the owner.

Last edited: