Who is getting ready for deer season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike M.

Feeling the Heat
Mar 18, 2012
Green Bay, WI
Warming up at deer camp in the north woods of Wisconsin. Any one else hunting this year?

Heres my craigslist stove find. Heats awesome.
e8c27fb429eed1736ae29c241851bcc0.jpg c72eeff6da405517bd818458dc1d09b0.jpg

Warming up at deer camp in the north woods of Wisconsin. Any one else hunting this year?

Heres my craigslist stove find. Heats awesome.
We are way to busy to take time off for hunting

• Sad
Reactions: Mike M. and Ludlow
Deer hunting and a warm stove when in camp. Cant be beat. So nice after a cold day out in the woods to come back to a warm fire. Good luck to all who partake and enjoy. We have a finite number of days to relish this with family and friends. Dont waste the chance when it comes.

Yeah nothing like wood heat after a long day in the woods. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ludlow
Wi 2 week deer gun season starts Nov 23 ends Dec 1 I think. Haven't got enough free time to go away but I can sneek out back and see if anything presents itself. Been a doe and 2 yearlings hanging around. last week saw the yearlings but not the doe- she might have succumbed to a local bow hunter.

Reactions: Ludlow
Wi 2 week deer gun season starts Nov 23 ends Dec 1 I think. Haven't got enough free time to go away but I can sneek out back and see if anything presents itself. Been a doe and 2 yearlings hanging around. last week saw the yearlings but not the doe- she might have succumbed to a local bow hunter.

During the rut it is common for fawns to be alone while momma is getting her tail chased all over creation......for more creation.

Very likely- there are some brusiers in the area. All farm land for miles around. I have seen a couple over the past 9 months but not out the back door.

2 things about the North i couldn't handle
snow and a short Deer Season
we get 4 months and 12 deer limit
1 month Bow only
then 1 week Muzzle Loader 7 Bow
then 3 months Rifle, Muzzle Loader, Bow

Loven' The Retired Life In Northwest Georgia