Who's got a PE Alderlea T5 with blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
I bought the stove without the blower, and recently decided to add it. I took the blower over there yesterday..it doesn't fit! :rolleyes: Using the mounting holes in the rear heat shield, the blower is going to hit the legs. I'm thinking that they install a shorter heat shield at the factory if they are installing the blower, in order to mount the blower higher so that it clears the legs.
Can anyone take some pics of their T5 with blower, and see if that's indeed how they handled this problem? If you can, thanks! :)

You can see here that when the blower is lined up with the mounting holes in the rear heat shield, it is hitting the legs, but still about a half inch away from mounting to the shield. You can also see the bracket for the snap-switch, slipped up between the stove body and shield, and that the snap-switch won't contact the firebox as it needs to either, until the blower mounting flange is against the heat shield.
It looks like the heat shield would be easy enough to swap..
20200220_181131.jpg 20200221_143838.jpg 20200221_143903.jpg Screenshot_2020-02-20 COMBLOWER 190606-4 indd - wodc-blow-fan-kit-installation-instructions pdf.png

dam dude, keep us updated on what you find out

Might be that they redesigned the heat shield on the new stoves or it takes a narrower blower? Our heat shield appears to be deeper, keeping the blower away from the stove body, but our leg spread on the T6 is wider. At the top of the heat shield, our stove looks identical to what you are showing.
IMG_0447.jpg

This is a 2019 model, not LE, right? Part WODC.BLOW is what is called for.

Last edited:
Might be that they redesigned the heat shield on the new stoves or it takes a narrower blower? Our heat shield appears to be deeper, keeping the blower away from the stove body, but our leg spread on the T6 is wider. At the top of the heat shield, our stove looks identical to what you are showing.
This is a 2019 model, not LE, right? Part WODC.BLOW is what is called for.
Yep, that's the blower I have, and the one specified for a lot of PE models. 2019 model here, not the LE.
That was a thought I had early on; The T6 has more width. It does indeed look like your shield is deeper. I don't see the legs, either..
Definitely looks like your legs are more offset. Hmmm...
Hmmm, indeed. Looks like the back of your legs are even with the cast iron sides, and the back of the firebox. Mine extend further back. Unfortunately, I didn't get the entire leg in my second pic.
I just discovered that in my browser, if I click on a pic that's part of a series, I have to go over into the black and click a box of "panes" to be able to see the entire pic..
Now you've got me wondering if there are a couple different positions that the legs can be mounted in, or if the legs are not symmetrical, and would be flush if I switched sides. Or maybe I have the back legs on the front... :oops:
I think I only removed the back legs when I installed the stove, to slip the stove under the pipe...just happened to be the same flue exit height as the Dutchwest. ==c I'm not sure though; The more I think about it, seems like I might have had all four legs off..
I'll see if I can get over there tomorrow and take some measurements on leg dimensions.

Last edited:
Mine is a series D classic manufactured in January 2019. Apart from being brown, not white, it looks like Serpent's stove. It's too tightly wedged into a corner to conveniently take a picture.

Yes, I think your legs may have been attached differently. My front and back legs do have a part number stamped inside them. 5037.4717

I'd email Pacific Energy with some pictures.

I wonder where the legs are installed - factory or distributor? You had a sketchy experience with the distributor.

Mine is a series D classic manufactured in January 2019. Apart from being brown, not white, it looks like Serpent's stove
Yes, I think your legs may have been attached differently. My front and back legs do have a part number stamped inside them. 5037.4717
I wonder where the legs are installed - factory or distributor? You had a sketchy experience with the distributor.
Hers is a series D as well.
Same part number on all legs, I assume?
The stove was on the crate and wrapped in plastic from the warehouse, so I'm thinking I inadvertently switched the legs when I installed the stove. DOH! Hey, maybe the stove will run even better when I get the legs on right. ;lol

Hers is a series D as well.
Same part number on all legs, I assume?
The stove was on the crate and wrapped in plastic from the warehouse, so I'm thinking I inadvertently switched the legs when I installed the stove. DOH! Hey, maybe the stove will run even better when I get the legs on right. ;lol
Yes, same part number on all four legs.

In the back, the bolt is going through the hole closest to the side outside. The empty hole is closest to the inside.

Reactions: Woody Stover
In the back, the bolt is going through the hole closest to the side outside. The empty hole is closest to the inside.
OK, thanks, mar. I think that's how I re-fastened the legs, bolts at the outside. But if there are two empty holes, I bet all I have to do is switch sides and holes and it'll work. I'll also take a look at the front legs and how they are lining up with the rest of the cast iron. I think I would have noticed something goofy up there, but with me, you never know. ;lol

Last edited:
Yes, same part number on all four legs.
Same number here. Since the legs are all the same, there must be more than one position in which to fasten them. I seem to recall that being the case...I should have paid attention when I first removed the legs. :rolleyes: It had been a long day, and I wanted to get the stove in and go home.
@BirthofSerpents, have you got the same numbers on all legs, 5037-4717? You have the LE, right?
I didn't mess with it today. I'll wait 'til tomorrow when she's gone. That way, she won't have to get worried when I jack the stove up, and I won't have to answer questions, which could break my concentration..again. ;lol I'll be done by the time she gets home.

Same number here. Since the legs are all the same, there must be more than one position in which to fasten them. I seem to recall that being the case...I should have paid attention when I first removed the legs. :rolleyes: It had been a long day, and I wanted to get the stove in and go home.
@BirthofSerpents, have you got the same numbers on all legs, 5037-4717? You have the LE, right?
I didn't mess with it today. I'll wait 'til tomorrow when she's gone. That way, she won't have to get worried when I jack the stove up, and I won't have to answer questions, which could break my concentration..again. ;lol I'll be done by the time she gets home.

I'll check tonight and report back.

dam dude, keep us updated on what you find out
I found out I'm a knucklehead..but I've found that out numerous times before. ;lol
When installing the stove I had the back legs off to slip it under the pipe, but didn't take note of where the bolts were. Then I must have looked at the front legs, and used the same holes. The correct bolt hole for the back legs is shown in the pic.
I didn't fire the stove yet to check that the snap switch is working correctly but I did turn the blower on, to listen; It's very quiet on low. :cool:
20200226_175630.jpg 20200226_191824.jpg 20200226_191801.jpg

Reactions: kennyp2339
Dad always said, the most important nut in a car is the one behind the wheel.
Had he been he here, he may have said "On that stove blower, this is the most important bolt...dolt!" ;lol

Last edited: